Monday, March 9, 2009

Sir Isaac Newton

"I do not know what I may appear to the world, but to myself I seem to have been only like a boy playing on the seashore, and diverting myself in now and then finding a smoother pebble or a prettier shell than ordinary, whilst the great ocean of truth lay all undiscovered before me."

--Sir Isaac Newton

I have always found Newton to be fascinating because he created the first reflecting telescope. He developed something that helps us see into such an unknown space.

Who do you think has been the most influential in the world of science and why?

2 comments:

  1. I don't really think that i there is just one person who is influential in the science world. I mean if you think about it different scientist were influenced by other scientist.

    - Natalie 6B

    ReplyDelete
  2. Natalie, great observation! Can you think of an example when a specific scientist was influenced by another?

    ReplyDelete